melissaamy

Monday, May 09, 2005

One Busy Mother's Day!!!

Well it has been a busy Mother's Day.

We technically already celebrated it since they gave me my gift and we went out to dinner Firday knowing D was working today.

Juju and I got up and got busy. We cleaned and organized and went through all our old books and figured out which ones we are donating to the Literacy in Africa project my college is running. This week they are collecting books to be mailed to Afican literacy projects. The average donated book is read y over 25 dif people.

We are donating about 20 books.

We also went through and somewhat organized the dvds, took our antique church pew and finally put it on D's side of the room and set it up all nice and guy like, dusted the bedroom, vacuumed, washed the dustbin in the bathroom, cleaned half the bathroom, organized the entire computer desk and the smaller two drawer next to it, organized our files and important papers bin, partially cleaned the kitchen, moved D's big dresser next to mine and finished the presentation for my social deviance paper (in power point about 20 mins long for tomorrow).

Also, a very old friend got in touch with me today. She was my best friend from high school adn when I left she kind of fell apart. She had some real problems back then and I needed to get away, and not until after I left did I find out just how much she depended on me. She was committed. She had already attempted suicide years earlier adn she was not the threatening type, she just did it out of the blue, no warning, nothing...

I have really missed her over the years and tried to find her a few dif ways, but just a few mths ago she finally joined classmates.com.

I noticed she joined last mth when I did my bimonthly check.
We have sent each other a few messages and I tried to email her but aol kept bouncing it. Well I had sent her a message on classmates giving her my AIM name and well, we connected tonight.

I cannot wait to see her, she has gotten better, though still goofy, but she has a son who is five and she live near Bridgewater!!!

I also spoke to another good friend mother today since I lost ehr hone number when I lost my address book, but today during the cleaning of books I found her parents address and phone number in one of them!

YAY for old friends!

Seems clearing the clutter is bringing in new clarity.....for some reason I want to say there is more, but I cannot remember....

oh yeah gotta go, eastenders is coming on and it is a special one hour episode!!! I will knit and brit drama geek til 12!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home