melissaamy

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Knitting is hard core, cool!!!

Originally posted in my LJ so the names are refs to LJ users)

So the Jane Pauly Show is doing an episode on knitting and crafting..

Have I truly gotten to the point where this is better then chocolate?I am actually disappointed I will have to take Juju to Daycare and head to class.....

Since finals start today, I don't really have a class, my stats teacher has offered to let us comein and review for our final Thursday. I don't really need it per se, but I know I should as it is better to be safe then sorry.

I am also lucky as all get out as the very talented paper artist dalbino83 and I are working on a trade for some paper bowls and paper tags...The tags are for the day I get my behind to a craft fair to sell my wears (soaps, necklaces, and skinny scarves) so I can stamp the "company name" and price on the backs for them and some of the tags will be added to soap packaging.I have been focusing on using unusual yarns hand spun and painted using all natural yarns (sheep, alpaca, and so on). Most of the yarns are one of a kind or maybe two of a kind (in which case I try to buy the entire dye lot so I have it all) so I get one to three scarves out of them.

My very first scarf I ever made went to the lovely and generous caitriona27 which has many flaws but was made with uber love!I really like making the scarves long and skinny and nice for almost any weather witht he variations of the knit and chunky factors, giving them the comfy yet chic look.

I am also in the works to get myself a lovely mannequin to model these on for pictures and since the husband and child bought me a fantastic digital camera for Mother's Day (and if I win this ebay auction for the "dummy" I will go pick it up Friday in Asbury Park) I should be adding many pics to the creative_muffin journal for folks to see and critique.

I also found out that dalbino83 friended me, so of course I friended her back! So please welcome her here!

Also, in the small world that is LJ, I was reading dalbino83's post and saw that cyan_blue is also a friend of hers!!!!

Oh yeah, they showed a skinny scarf with a brooch and made the suggestion that you could wear it as a belt...Thanks Jane Pauly!!! LOL great idea!!!and they had a HUGE pair of wooden needles....ok, gotta go now before I get sucked in...and must hit ebay for big wooden needles as I love my 11's in wood!!!!

Have a nice day all!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home