melissaamy

Thursday, May 12, 2005

One down......

One final down and three more to go.I got my grades for forensic psych and excluding the final, sould be an A. Thoug her grading process kind of pissed me off. Apparently she sees herself being the grammer prof and not a forensic psych prof. She got me for two run on sentences...and funny on another girls paper she said how a better title would have made her grade higher...This is a freaking APA style research paper....not publishing materials.

Ok, so I am guilty of run ons, but that is not the point of this paper...funny how all the other criminal justice profs have issues with APA styling or content...she picked on everyones grammerical errors and not the contents of the paper themselves...seriously, since when did a forensic psych master's from John Jay give her the right to be critical of grammer issues...while totally skipping the content issues with virtually all papers...we all sat around outside after the final and compared papers to see if it was just us or if there was a theme here and seems there most defiantly was.

So anyway....tomorrow I have to get up early and finish my last Stats homework and the final is tomorrow at 2. Also I will be bringing some of my books in for sale, particularly the forensic psych, stats, and LAS ancient lit. The other two boks for deviance and sociological theory will have to wait until the exams monday are over.I cannot wait to get rid of all this stuff. As for now I cannot focus right now because my area is a mess as things are being shifted in and out and piles have accumulated here and it is driving me nuts. I am trying to get it out so I can focus on the homework tomorrow morning.

I also have to remember to make payments on my new CC, and my two dual subscriptions. So tomorrow I will pay 60 dollars for all of that.

Also, may be going out for the Ladies Karaoke night at Bobalou's! I love going and spending time with Emma, Charlie, and others!!!I wish D was here for the fun night, but every so often it is nice to go out without him....and this trip is nice because I know he is going to be home Friday night or Saturday the latest.

A big part of what I think I need to do is reorganize the seating area for me and the laptop...I think the hope computer needs to move into the dining room area and the laptop and the couch can move back, get a side table and put the accessories on it for the iPhoto cradel and the kodak cradel and printer. and then be able to keep all that stuff here and away fromt he other puter and open the living room area...maybe I will try that next week....

I need to remember to bring the futon frame to my parents soon so if I really do try to make a go of the dining room puter plan I will have the available room.

Oh and tomorrow is 10 cent flat rate fee on eBay listing fees on flat sales price..or however it is phrased. I have tons of stuff to list so I am going to try and get it done sometime tomorrow afternoon. I also have to hit the post office at some point and mail out a bunch of stuff I sold this week.

The other day I went to Barnes & Nobles and wanted to look into books on how to format a children's book for editor's and agent's, but instead of finding THE BOOK, cause they well all filled with way too much and not at all what I needed, I found an British book (in a US release, so while it is slightly changed, it is still true to its Brit version) about grammer and the common use and misuse of it.
It is called Eats, Shoots & Leaves and looks great! I cannot wait to start it next week.

Well, since I started this, hours have passed and my "area" has been somewhat organized. Time to try to do a bit of the stats work and get to bed....

Nighty night all.....sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home