melissaamy

Saturday, May 14, 2005

Getting stuff done!

Yesterday was the day of many chores! I got so much done!

I started the day by getting Juju up and ready to go for her dance class by 10. Her recitle is Wed the 18th, so this was their last practice.

I came home and proceeded with the rest of my day after having a long conversation with my dad. He and I have been tlaking more recently, and it is really nice.

I loaded up the futon frame and grabbed the books for the African Literacy project and headed out. Got to my parents, dropped off the futon frame in the attic and then headed to Centenary to drop off the books.

After that headed to Dunkin Donuts for a Med I ced Hazlenut coffee. Realized that I will no longer go there for my coffee's since the new mgr is an ass and they sit behind the counter and talk shit in Arabic. You can tell they are talking about people by watching their body language. I miss the old employees, they made my coffes perfect everytime, while these guys constantly screw them up. I told the guy med iced hazlenut coffee light with 4 sugars. He tried to hand me a hot coffee. So I said no, I asked for cold and he gave me a dirty look. I told him to just pour it over ice, but no, he had the new teen girl they just hired make me a new one. Everytime I have gone there they mess up the order now or they make it taste like (what I imagine) crap tp taste like.

Back to the day....so I get home and wrap ebay stuff for the post office. Head over there and pick up new boxes for shipping, open the trunk and what do I see, but more stuff I forgot to drop off at my parents (mind you this is the trunk of the other car, I took the wagon with the futon frame, this is the tiny saturn and had some of jju's baby stuff we wanted to store and a bag of tops D is donating to charity). The car is also covered in a thinck layer of greenish gold pollen that has crusted on from the damp dew in the early am for the past three days. I go and get on the line for car wash (each slot had two cars lined up), so I cleaned the interior (not vaccumed, but got rid of the crap that earns my car the loving name of the dumpster car) and then finally washed the poor car.

Once home again, I loaded some more of Juju's old toys we wanted to keep for when she is older and the big bertha I broke at the driving range a few weeks ago and went back to my parents house along witht he bag of clothes for charity. I dropped the toys in the attic and headed tot he bank, then to the donation bins, then off to get Juju from school.

We have a deal, every Friday, if she is good at school all week and is good in her dance class, she gets a Happy Meal. So we stopped by McDonald's, go ther a meal and me a chicken sandwich. I ate a few of the fries and realized I really don't liek them anymore. Too greasy and salty for my taste now. Now fries made at a restaurant, like Bobalou's or Charlie Brown's are fine as they rarely add salt and are made on the spot.

After our dinner of fast foodyness, I proceeded to clean the portch. The rather huge box from the mannequin was still sitting on the portch so I filled it with random garbage and cigarette butts found around the grass. I emptied the flower box which held nothing but flower carcasses from last summer and refilled it with new soil and three potted gerbers. To red and one faint pink. I swept off the winters worth or rain mud, leaves, and run off mud that had caked on the concrete. I set up the table and got the deck table out and other homey goodness....felt really good.

I then moved inside and began the big mission of clearing out some of the stuff in the dining room. I pulled a few old magazines out, found some of D's books and put them on his new side table (converted church pew we got last summer at a great antique auction in VT).
D got home about 20 mins after Julia went to bed and it was so wonderful to have him home. Nothing makes me feel better then having him home and just us spending a night in bed watching TV, talking, and well....the rest is none of your business.....

This morning I got up about 8:30 and could not fall back asleep. I made some coffee and called my mom, we chatted for a while (she and my aunt are going to the beach for the day). D and Juju got up around 9 or 9:30 and I made a big breakfast! Scrambled eggs with cheese (American for Juju and Four cheese blend for D) with the yummy maple smoked bacon (thick cut) my mom had bought us from VT a bit ago (thanks modern technology for the freezer and smoked meat products that last for seemingly ever). I had two blueberry waffles (freezer kind, I may have been feeling utterly domestic this AM but not domestic enough to pull out the ole waffle iron and make some real homemade blueberry waffles with the frozen blueberry's in the freezer) with no butter or syrup and a few pieces of bacon. I could not resist the idea of yummy breakfast and trying not to kill myself with cholestrol as opposed to carbs....I choose carbs, harumph....

I have a bunch of stuff to get through today. I had these grand plans for laundry today, but I don't see that has happening. I have so much sociology homework to finish and the take home final to finish for Monday night. I also have three bananas that need to either be baked into a bread or tossed into the woods across the way for the skunks to nibble upon. I also need t finish that dining room this weekend and get through the cloths in my room and Juju's room for donation and sorting for storage (hers, we put up some of her clothes for her one day if she has a girl, the classic pieces). Spring cleaning is in full throws now so the purge must go on and I must rid myself of this stuff and get this place cleaned out....

purge, purge, purge.....

So D has to work today and I am home with Juju. I have many places I really wanted to be, but honestly, this really is the best place for me. Between school work and having that unsettled feeling that I have to clean this place, I really should get this done. The other night after I tried to focus on the stats work, but there was just so much disarry, I couldn't. I cleaned and organized and got everything tidyed up enough that by midnight, I was finally able to sit down and work on all those freaking problems. I finished at three and not only did I finsh, but got them all right! I went into the final the next day prepared but worried because even though I know about the formulas and how to use them, I cannot remember what they are when needed. I almost purged the notes the night before and NOT bring the books since it was the final, but I brought them all anyway out of habit. What a lucky chance. He let us have open book and notes exam! I am pretty sure I got an A.

Anyway, back to the day....

Tonight the new Britany and K-Fed show Chaotic. I need to watch this show as she dares the viewers, "Can you handle my truth?" What truth, she eats cheetos, is rich and proves that white trash has nothing to do with trailers, but rather attitude and you can be from a well off home and get super rich and get even more white trash the more rich one gets....I can't wait....

Also on the TV front today, America's Next Top Model is running a marathon, so they play every episode up til last weeks...this upcoming week is the final and I am hoping the one girl Naomi (or however you spell her name, she is the one with the fauxhawk) wins. As for other viewings today, I am watching some of the bgining of season six of Sex and the City. After last weeks viewings of the final two shows, I have a longing to watch them all now...

Next weekend we are leaving for a long weekend in North Carolina. It is D's daughter's graduation from high school and his parents are coming and we will be there with Juju and the ex wife with her husband, D's son and their half brother. It should be an oh so fun. I have not seen Jesse and Tonya since the one Christmas they came up. It was fabulous, we all had a great time, but they were not allowed back up here since then. My family loved having them here and treated them just like the other kids. But she did not like it and refused to let them come up again. So we have not seen them since Christmas 2001! So seeing them and his parents will be nice, but I see a weekend filled with ackward feelings and uncomfortable moments....

Sadly, the other day I never got around to listing a bunch of stuff on ebay for the flat fee day, so I will be doing them in bulk buy it now lots....maybe get that done tuesday or wednesday, before we go that way I can be back if any sell so I can ship them out without much delay.
Ok, I have spent hours doing things about the house and then coming and filling in here, so time to let you go faithful reader, as I barely have time to read anything besides school related things, why should I put you through this anymore then you already have been.....see you later!!!

2 Comments:

  • Hi I just wanted to send a quick note to let you know I really enjoyed

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:13 PM  

  • "I just came across your blog about worldwide online auctionand wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I also have a web site & blog about **keyword** worldwide online auction so I know I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home