melissaamy

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Coolness...

My Secret Pal just revealed a few things she likes in a blog I don't think she knows I know about! How freaking cool. I am so making a special order for her!
Also, she is going away, I need to have a special thing done for her while she is there. She is in the SCA and I may have to ask a favor of someone going to Birka, but it should be cool.

Also, I have met a few new folks on LJ who are just amazing people.

I have been fairly busy with classes starting soon (Tuesday, but my first class is on Wednesday). I am partly done with my Internation Scarf exchange scarf, and I got mine today. WOW, can I just say WOW!
I will get pics of it tomorrow and properly thank the loverly loverly lady in the UK who made it for me. It is the perfect color and just soft and amazing!
SQUEEE!!!! OK, I will stop that now!

It really is cool though...

I am working on a ton of Katamari stitch markers. I am not as big a geek about it as some people I know and love, but I really do love that game! I should make some of them tomorrow.

I really need to get busy about posting pics to my journal. I am horrible about that. Here I am really bad, especially since it is not as easy to post here as LJ.

So, anyway....tomorrow I am going to tackle my crazy craft room (yeah one day) from being a storage pile/dining room. It is so bad right now, you can barely get around the tabel. It just needs a day of work and maybe 2 runs to store stuff at my parents. Not that that much is going, just that the two things I want to bring there are bulky and each require a trip int he tiny saturn!

Ok, I am off to bed so I can get up, eat brekkies and make a pot of cafe to get me to my job. I refuse to do anything other then shower and dress myself and the Juju, oh and of course feed her at appropriate times until that room is DONE.

I will also refuse to work on any craft project until it is done, and I have about 100 stitch marker, a scarf and a few other randomness to be done by Monday!

I cannot forget to mail off my first SP gift, a bunch of beautifully dyed roving since she is a fellow spinner (I say fellow because I own a wheel and just learned how to, but she spins, I have a wheel I won;t use until the room of dining doom is complete), some yummy candy, stitch markers I made and some Japanes candy I just got from a sweety in Japan! Kozika is a sweet woman in Japan who I met from my MoBlog (which is so much fun) and she sent us a package of amazing candy from there, esp KitKats, which I LOVE unusual ones (I still have green tea ones, so I may send her one of those as well)...

Ok, this time I am really going...have a great night and a wonderful weekend and hoepfully next post will be to say my room is done and should be more frequent!

6 Comments:

  • I'm so glad you like the scarf! I was a bit nervous about it as I've never knitted for someone I don't know and never participated in an exchange so... phew! I love that Jaeger Matchmaker Merino. It's the first time I've used it and I will definitely use it again!

    Enjoy your scarf!

    all the best

    Sue - ISE pal

    By Blogger Spinningsue, at 3:09 AM  

  • It's me again! Thanks for leaving such a wonderful comment on my blog. I can't tell you how glad I am you like the scarf.

    The Irish Hiking scarf pattern is quite easy once you get into it - easy to remember the pattern - I knitted some of this on my bus ride to work and at 7am that requires minimal concentration!

    Hope the weather cools down a bit so you can wear it soon.

    all the best

    Sue

    By Blogger Spinningsue, at 7:07 AM  

  • Where did you find Katamari charms for stitch markers? I so want them!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:58 AM  

  • I'm glad you liked the scarf you received! You need to post a picture so we can all see how great it is! Sounds like you are very busy! I'll be sending some goodies your way very very soon!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:26 PM  

  • yes I do love it...and I will get a picture....life has been crazy, yesterday we found out my husband had to leave for work for 1 mth, and he left this AM!

    I saw the request for my wrist size, it is HUGE! LOL, I cannot find my measuring tape at the moment, but it is over 8 1/4. I think 8 1/4 fit very snug...at least going by my last tiffany bracelet we had to have enlarged!

    I look forward to getting stuff, you are so cool, and I am sending my pal her fist box this week! This is so much fun!!!

    By Blogger melissaamy, at 2:29 PM  

  • All of the exchanges you're in sound like so much fun. I keep meaning to get more into that - perhaps after SP7 is over.

    Anyways I'm updating my sidebar and I want to add a list of blogs that I read... do you mind if I link to you?

    By Blogger Sourire11, at 1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home