melissaamy

Friday, September 30, 2005

Ok...I am in the secret Pal 6!!!!

Secrete Pal 6
SECRET PAL 6 questionaire. How much fun!

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?

Total snob (sorry, just love the funky handmades)

2. Do you spin? Crochet?

I drop spin, spin on a wheel, knit and do a touch of crochet (just starting!!!)

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)

Nope!

4. How long have you been knitting?

About a year since I took it back up, but on and off a basic garter for well over ten years...now trying to be more of a learn all the ways to knit!

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Oh my, yes...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/3P9L2WKIQJBUZ

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

Amber, good (REAL) patchouli, like the black tar stuff, and Nag Champa. Nothing too flowery or too musky and I am pretty agreeable on as well!

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?

Why is that a question! oh heck yes!

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?

Sewing, knitting, embroidery (just now doing sublime stitchings, they are great), soap making, jewlery (wire wrap, hemp, semi presios, beading and so on), making lip balms, candles, gah and more but my brain is shutting down!!!

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I have iTunes and an iPod. I can play made cds on the puter here...I like blues, bluegrass, folk, pretty much everything, opera classical, even country like Dixie chicks and rap...I am fairly agreeable!
Did follow the Grateful Dead for 5 years, but it is ok, I don't need any unless you pal are a dead head and have some special shows to hook me up with!

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?

Earthy tones....Love them, deep foresty greens and browns and so on....can't stand neons..

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

Married with a four year old daughter. We have two cats, one mini hammie, and 5 HUGE fish...

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)

To buy some land here and build a partially sustainable organic farm and work from home. We arre working on it...and teach at my college part time so I can stay on top of my two educations!

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?

Natural, not big on synthetics

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

anything to fake feeling, or too much synthetic in it..


15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?

Gah scarves of every kind shape and size!


16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Baby blankets

17. What are you knitting right now?

ScarA scarf for a lovely woman who made me a table banner for my first ever craft fair.

18. What do you think about ponchos?

LoI really dig the HUGE martha stewart "freedom" poncho...really huge and oversized! other then that I am a total shawl gal! the bigger the better (kind of like my booty I am trying to lose!)

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?

Needles, I just love needles....

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Prefer bamboo, or other woods, but I will knit with just about anything if I need to knit and it is there!

21. Are you a sock knitter?

Some day, if my mom has anything to do with it!

22. How did you learn to knit?

I watched a woman once in VT many years ago and kind of figured it out from what I saw, so went and bought yarn and needles and started!

23. How old is your oldest UFO?

I am not that kind of gal...(sorry no idea what a UFO is, but I am pretty sure it is not the UFO I do know)

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?

The Tick and I really love all birds pretty much the same!

25. What is your favorite holiday?

Oh either christmas or thanksgiving....BOTH!!!

26. Is there anything that you collect?

Old books on Etiquette (from the 40's and earlier), I horde funky one of a kind yarns...irish drums (bodhrans). ..I collect a lot, I will not put it all here or folks will think I am nuts...

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

None

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?

My Amazon list is pretty good...I just add things as I see them so I won't forget (horrible my memory is)

29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another??

nope, not really in the pattern level, just make my own stuff up and use the SnB books every so often

30. What are your foot measurements, and what kind of socks do you like?

I have big feets!!! I wear an 11 shoe size and B width..and I love wooly "hiking" socks, but not too high and with lots of give as I have cabbage patch ankles!

2 Comments:

  • Hi Melissa! Is there any way you can make comments to your blog open to anonymous commenters? Your Secret pal wants to leave you comments but she can't without revealing herself. Thanks!

    By Blogger sarah, at 3:19 PM  

  • I changed this the day it was posted...just forgot to say so! LOL, anon comments are enabled, BUT must word verify to post still, spammers besmited!

    By Blogger melissaamy, at 4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home